“With the recent news on certain types of breeds now requiring a muzzle, it’s the perfect time to ensure you’re equipped with everything you need to succeed – for your dog, and you.”
Angela Rainey, PDTKC Dog Trainer
Due to the focus on XL Bullies at present, and for other breeds of dogs, muzzles are in some instances required. And there’s more to it than simply putting a muzzle on your dog. It could be a new thing for the both of you.
Our course on Muzzle Training will introduce you to the muzzle, to understand what the right type is for your dog, how to interact with your dog when putting it on and most importantly how to work with the muzzle on.
This course consists of six sessions on Thursday nights for 45 minutes to get to grips with everything you need to know.
- Week 1 – Introduction – Basic commands, choosing the right muzzle and body language.
- Week 2 – Introducing the Muzzle – Letting the dog interact with the muzzle
- Week 3 – Time with the muzzle and Loose Lead Walking
- Week 4 – More time on the muzzle, using the straps and working on recall
- Week 5 – Walking with the muzzle on, swapping dogs, and emergency stop
- Week 6 – Working with the muzzle, walking, recall, swapping and bringing in external people.